Fun Facts About Doyle (as in Doyle Bramhall II)
There are only two shows left in the 2015 season of Unplugged at the Grove. Whatever excuses you've made before, they're no good now because we won't be back until April 2016.
Doyle Bramhall II is up this week and he's just a super interesting guy, so we compiled our favorite facts about him.
7 Fun Facts About Doyle
1. He's the second Doyle Bramhall. (See what we did there?)
2. He's worked with Eric Clapton on many projects including albums, tours, and festivals. Clapton has said Doyle is "one of the most gifted players he has ever encountered."
3. Doyle just finished up a tour with Tedeschi Trucks Band and Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings. He started his solo tour this month (and he's playing Unplugged at the Grove for free).
4. Andy Langer has said "he is terrific" and "one of the best guitarists to come out of Austin." There are witnesses to this statement, we swear.
5. He was the lead guitarist on tour with Roger Waters.
6. When Doyle was 18, Jimmie Vaughan invited him to play with his band, the Fabulous Thunderbirds.
7. He's collaborated with Sheryl Crow, Tedeschi Trucks, Elton John, Questlove, Erykah Badu, Gregg Allman, Robert Randolph, T-Bone Burnett, Meshell Ndegeocello, Dr. John, and one of our favorite hometown heroes, Gary Clark Jr.