Emmis Austin Radio seeks talented interns:
Emmis Austin Radio is a branch of Emmis Communications with a cluster of seven radio stations in Austin, TX. The EAR cluster consists of: KGSR-FM (93.3 and 97.1), KLBJ-FM(93.7), KROX (101.5), Latino (102.7), KBPA(103.5), KLZT (107.1), and KLBJ-AM (590 AM).
Emmis offers challenging internship positions in several areas. Our internships offer real world experience and active, hands-on learning. Our goal is to help interns develop skills in areas of interest and network with staff throughout the company.
We accept intern applications year-round.
Internship Program Information:
The EAR internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to learn about radio broadcasting and other areas within EAR.
Requirements: Students must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and must receive school credit - NO exceptions. Students must be 18 years. Minimum GPA of 2.0.
General Information: Internships are offered year round and coincide with school semesters. Interns work approximately 20 hours/week depending on school requirements. Flexible scheduling depending on department needs. All interns must comply with internship guidelines and are subject to applicable EAR employee rules.
Application Procedures: Please send a cover letter, resume, and any work example(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org to request an intern packet. Refer to posting. Please specify internship choice and semester.
Mail or fax applications to:
Marla D. Jamali
8309 N. IH-35
Austin, Tx 78753
Fax (512) 832-4042
EAR Internship Opportunities:
Following is a list of internship positions available at EAR. Internships offered vary from semester to semester based on department needs.
- Digital Content: Attend live shows and events in order to help create and deliver original content for all 7 of our web properties.
- Emmis Digital Media: Assist in the day-to-day groundwork that goes into selling and executing online, mobile, and social media advertising for all station websites.
- Emmis Marketing Team: Working in a high-energy, fast paced environment assisting the Project Manager & Coordinators with events and custom marketing programs.
- Incite (Social Cause Marketing): Assist in research, proposal preparation, program coordination, and social media outreach.
- Production (Bilingual): Learn how in-house productions are designed and executed; this includes voicing, writing, and dubbing commercials and promotional announcements. Interns will also learn how to ensure conformance of produced commercials with company policies and FCC regulations. Spanish fluency required.
Programming/On-Air: Interns will work directly with the on-air staff producers to learn how an on-air show is produced. Learning objectives include audio editing, researching show content, managing social media, setting up equipment, and performing a few administrative tasks.
- Jason & Deb Morning Show (101X)
- Dudley & Bob Morning Show (KLBJ-FM)
- University of BOB
- Austin City Limits Radio
- Promotions: Interns will assist in the day-to-day internal & external operations of radio stations and help with other stations, as needed.
- Sales Assistant: Interns will shadow Senior Account Executives who work directly with local businesses and agencies to generate revenue for the station. Interns will also learn how AEs manage existing clients and develop new sales accounts.
- Sports Marketing & Advertising Sales: Gain hands-on radio sales experience with capital traffic and weather segment sponsorships. Interns will assist with organizing and executing events such as the LBJ 100, MDA Muscle Walk, Ronald McDonald, Color Run, and MS 150.
For more information on internship positions, click here.